2021 Summer Employment
The 2022 Saskatchewan Winter Games will be hosted in Regina and the surrounding area next February, and the Regina Host Organizing Committee is inviting applications for three summer student positions to assist with Games planning. These are temporary, full-time positions for the period of May 2021 to August 2021.
First launched in 1972, the Saskatchewan Games are the province’s biennial celebration of sport and community. The year 2022 will mark the program’s 50th Anniversary and will involve over 1,800 athletes, coaches and managers from every corner of the province. Athletes will compete in 17 sports from February 20 – 26, 2022 while representing Saskatchewan’s nine Sport, Culture and Recreation Districts.
The Organizing Committee is accepting applications for summer student employment. The following three positions are available:
- Culture & Inclusion Assistant
- Sport & Venues Assistant
- Games Services Assistant
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The main objective of these positions is to work closely with volunteers and staff to prepare for the 2022 Games. Tasks will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in organization, operation and implementation of division work plans
- Administrative duties
- Preparation of games time materials and equipment,inventory and distribution
- Event logistics, set-up and tear-down
- Participation in promotional and volunteer recruitment events
- Working with and supporting specific divisions and committees such as Culture and Ceremonies, Sport, Venues, Logistics & IT, Safety & Security, and others as needed.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Strong computer skills including spreadsheets and database experience
- Well-organized with ability to build, track and maintain project plan details
- Experience or knowledge of sport is an asset
- Experience working with volunteers is an asset
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability perform a wide range of physical tasks, and be comfortable working outside
- A valid driver's license
Applicants should clearly indicate the following information on their application:
- The position(s) they are interested in;
- Any previous related work and/or volunteer experiences; and
- Their area of post-secondary study (if applicable).
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates can send their applications by Friday, May 28th, 2021 to Games Manager Leanne Schellenberg via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view and save the full job description, click here.
All applications will be treated confidentially. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those chosen to continue in the selection process will be contacted.