Behind every edition of the Saskatchewan Games is a talented group of dedicated community members who volunteer their skills and expertise towards the planning and staging of Saskatchewan's largest biennial youth multi-sport event.
And you can be a part of it!
The 2022 Saskatchewan Winter Games Host Society is currently recruiting key volunteers to join the Host Organizing Committee. This volunteer opportunity is ideal for those in Regina and surrounding area who want to develop professional skills, grow their network, have fun, and make an important contribution to amateur sport in Saskatchewan. This 50th Anniversary edition of the Saskatchewan Games will take place in Regina from February 20-26, 2022, and will feature competition from upwards of 1,800 participants in 18 sports.
Learn more about the 2022 Saskatchewan Winter Games here, and reach out to Val Sluth, Chair, to get involved in the planning of this major celebration of sport, culture and community!
Now introducing our team:
YVONNE HARRISON | VP LOGISTICS & IT
What are you most looking forward to in the lead-up to or during the 2022 Saskatchewan Winter Games?
- Seeing the thrill of the athletes and making it an awesome experience for the athletes and volunteers!
What's your day job?
What’s your favourite sport (to play or watch)?
- Golf and skiing.
What do you hope to achieve as part of the 2022 SWG Host Committee?
- Pass along the best for future Games.
Why did you decide to get involved as a planning volunteer?
- It's hard to turn down Dawn! And having so many leaders mentoring our next generation of leaders in our community.
Why should somebody seek to get involved as a planning volunteer with the 2022 SWG?
- Fun and lifelong friendships, where every time you see them you talk about what a great time you had together!
What's your proudest accomplishment?
- My involvement with Girl Guides -- it opened up so many new experiences that I've shared with girls, watching them become leaders in their own way.
What's your special talent?
- I learned to knit from my grandmother, and I've made blankets and sweaters for family!