Behind every edition of the Saskatchewan Games is a talented group of dedicated community members who volunteer their skills and expertise towards the planning and staging of Saskatchewan's largest biennial youth multi-sport event.
And you can be a part of it!
The 2022 Saskatchewan Winter Games Host Society is currently recruiting key volunteers to join the Host Organizing Committee. This volunteer opportunity is ideal for those in Regina and surrounding area who want to develop professional skills, grow their network, have fun, and make an important contribution to amateur sport in Saskatchewan. This 50th Anniversary edition of the Saskatchewan Games will take place in Regina from February 20-26, 2022, and will feature competition from upwards of 1,800 participants in 18 sports.
Learn more about the 2022 Saskatchewan Winter Games here, and reach out to Val Sluth, Chair, to get involved in the planning of this major celebration of sport, culture and community!
Now introducing our team:
AMBER HOLLAND | VP SPORT
What are you most looking forward to in the lead-up to or during the 2022 Saskatchewan Winter Games?
- Having a vision of putting on the best Sask Games and then seeing it happen!!
What's your day job?
- Administration and Marketing Manager at Harbor Golf Club & Resort in Elbow, SK. In my previous life I worked for CURLSASK (PSO for Curling) for 20 years.
What’s your favourite sport (to play or watch)?
What do you hope to achieve as part of the 2022 SWG Host Committee?
- Create strong relationships with the organizing team, meet new people and have FUN!
Why did you decide to get involved as a planning volunteer?
- I love planning and sport, so guess this seemed right up my alley.
Why should somebody seek to get involved as a planning volunteer with the 2022 SWG?
- The Games are about the athletes and their experience. Volunteering in Sport you will get to see those athletes doing what they love. You will help support their Games experience by creating the best atmosphere for their sport experience, regardless of wins or losses.
What's your proudest accomplishment?
- That no matter where I have lived, worked or played... I have always found great people to surround me to support who I am and encourage me to do what I love... whether that is in my work, curling or family life. I think finding good people in your life can be rare and I am proud that I have done that.
What's a fun fact about you?
- I am competitive curler. I have two Silver Medals at the World Level. One from Junior Worlds in 1992 and one from Women's Worlds in 2011. I also love to garden/rend to flowers to make my yard space beautiful.
What's the background on this photo?
- This photo is when my team won the 2011 Scotties Tournament of Hearts. At this moment we are walking down the ice to the medal ceremonies and I am looking up at my parents in the stands to let them know, I know what this means to them and me. I never cried when we won that game and this moment was the closest I came to shedding a tear.