The Saskatchewan Games program will celebrate its 50th anniversary in 2022, and the Saskatchewan Games Council is eager to recognize this important opportunity and milestone in Saskatchewan sport history! We're looking to highlight, celebrate, and promote the impacts the Saskatchewan Games has had on athletes, coaches, families, volunteers, communities, and sport development since 1972.
The Research Coordinator (Contract) is responsible for conducting the first phase of the Saskatchewan Games 50th Anniversary Project. Duties will include researching, collecting and archiving the physical, digital and intangible historical assets and artifacts of the Saskatchewan Games program for use in future projects.
- The position is a term contract that will run from fall 2020 (flexible start date) to June 30, 2021.
- The Contractor is considered self-employed and as such will be responsible for their own workspace, office equipment and tools, travel expenses and insurance. No employment-related protection or benefits will be provided.
- This is a temporary, part-time role with ability to personally determine schedule.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check – Vulnerable Sector.
- The successful candidate will possess an ability to work independently and remotely.
- Evening and weekend work may be required.
- Travel will be required throughout Saskatchewan (pending travel restrictions surrounding COVID-19). Must hold a valid driver’s license.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining your experience and how it will assist you in this position to one of the following:
Saskatchewan Games Research Coordinator Contract
Saskatchewan Games Council Inc.
280 - 1870 Albert Street
Regina, SK S4P 4B7
The deadline to receive applications is noon, August 7th.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At the Saskatchewan Games Council, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equitable employment opportunities are available to all applicants.