The Games are now scheduled to run from February 19-25, 2023. Please check back as information will continue to be updated as we get closer to the Games!
Volunteers are the heart and soul of every edition of the Saskatchewan Games.
We would like to thank SaskEnergy for being our Champion of Volunteers!
As a major community event, the 2023 Saskatchewan Winter Games in Regina will require the assistance of approximately 1,100 local volunteers throughout the week of the Games. These 1,100 volunteers will do everything from greeting participants, helping to feed athletes at the Athletes' Village, scorekeeping at events, assisting with medical needs -- and the list goes on! Each and every volunteer is instrumental in making sure that our province's young athletes enjoy an exceptional experience at the Games.
There will be volunteer roles available for people of all ages, abilities, and accessibilities, so we hope you'll join us in celebrating 50 years of the Saskatchewan Games and help us welcome the entire province to our backyard!
Are you ready to get involved with the Games? Here is what you need to know prior to registration.
- Youth Volunteers must be 13 years of age or older
- Youth volunteers (13-14) require parental consent and must be chaperoned by a parent/guardian during their volunteer shift
- Young adult volunteers (15, 16, 17) require parental consent
- Adult Volunteers (18 years and older)
- Must commit to a minimum of 16 volunteer hours, at least four shifts of four hours in length
- Must submit a $20 commitment fee
- Must submit to a Criminal Record Check (CRC). this is required for volunteers 17 years of age and older. Some specific roles will also require a Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC). Fees for CRC are waived for Games volunteers.
- Some specific roles with transportation may require a Driver's Abstract.
- All volunteers must submit proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID 19. Fully Vaccinated refers to an individual for whom if has been 14 days or more after their second dose of a two-dose COVID 19 immunization series or 14 days or more after their first dose of a single-dose immunization series.
- The process for submission of vaccination, payment of $20 fee and the CRC process will be shared at a later date.
There are many benefits to volunteering for the Games. They include:
- 2023 Saskatchewan Winter Games Volunteer uniform which includes a toque, long sleeve shirt and cinch bag
- Access to all the sport events throughout the week of the Games
- Discount on Saskatchewan Winter Games Merchandise
- Access to volunteer lounges throughout the Games with snacks and refreshments
- Opportunity to develop new skills and meet new people
- Opportunity to give back to your community and youth sport in the province